Last Monday we went to Frye Mesa with the Kartchners. I love where we live for lots of reasons. One being there's so many cool little places like this that are so close! We went crawdad fishing because Devon's priest group did a crawdad fry a couple days later. He said they were really good! I'll just take his word for it for now.
There is a dam where we fished off of. Carter almost gave me a heart attack several times. The kid has no sense of danger or death. If you're wondering how to fish for crawdads I'll tell you. The Kartchners had a cage kind of like a lobster cage that they can get in, but can't get out. The other way is to get a long piece of yarn or string and tie lunch meat on the end. They latch their little claws on there and you lift them up and put them in the bucket.
Brynn came out of no where holding a fish saying, "Look guys! A dead fish!" She definitely has 5 brothers.
Brynn and Ryker fished crawdads off this little rock for hours.
I got to do one of my favorite things in the world. Fish! I was in heaven.
Tilghman and Jax
Don held Jax while I fished until dark
Just a few crawdads we caught.
We also brought hot dogs, chips and drinks and had dinner up there. We had a really good time. We can't wait to get up there again!













1 comment:
I had no idea fishing is one of your favorite things to do! Haha. Looks like a beautiful peaceful day. We had someone in NY from Georgia cook us up some crawdads once. Delicious!
Post a Comment