Monday, August 17, 2015

Pregnancy Update

I am now 13 1/2 weeks. My official due date is February 18th. This pregnancy has been hard. Maybe partially because I wasn't expecting it so when the symptoms hit it kind of put me in a shock. Get ready for some whining. I feel like I should write these things down because I usually don't tell people how much pain I'm in and suck it up because some women have it way worse than me. Then I forget and the doctors ask me if I've felt like this with my other babies and I can't remember. So for my own sake I'm writing it down.
For a month you would find me laying on the couch in the fetal position because I had bad stomach aches. The kind where you feel like you're going to hurl, but never do. My house was a mess and the kids ran around crazy and I didn't even care. Then it subsided a little bit. I constantly felt queasy, but it was manageable. I made sure to eat whatever sounded okay every 2 hours. Usually junk food or crackers. I tried working out for a week, but this time around I just couldn't hack it. With Jax working out made me feel better, but with this one I felt so sick afterwards it wasn't worth it. I'm just now getting back to my routine now that the all day sickness is going away.
I do remember a couple things with my other babies that I have again. Hemorrhoids and a nerve in my lower back that aches every time I bend over. Those I can deal with, but I also have migraine type headaches where I can't function. My in laws have taken the kids a couple times when I get one of my headaches which has been such a blessing. I went to the chiropractor and he said I have a bone out of place in my neck, but they can't do a whole lot since I'm pregnant. I went a few times to get adjusted and I started having spasms in my back so I said, "No, thank you." I'll just wait until I can really get it fixed. My doctor told me to drink tons of water and it should help and it really has. I don't get them nearly as often. Even though my body is going through lots of changes we have a healthy baby in there and that is all that matters!!



Little person was waving his/her feet and arms around during the quick ultrasound


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Such a cute baby-I love the ultrasound pictures! I'm excited for a new grandbaby!

Unknown said...

My birthday is on 17th of February, we can celebrate it together :) . Good health to both of you :-*
Karmen :-*