These are just a few pictures of random things around the house. It's been awhile since I've done an update about each of us.
Don has been doing really well at work. He says he doesn't like customer service and I don't blame him, but he's a people person so he does well. He's also done so much around the house lately it's been so nice. I always said I wanted to marry a handy man and I got one! The grass has been his baby. He is so proud of it. He even went out into a rain storm to remove a small piece of trash that had blown onto the grass because he was paranoid the grass wouldn't grow where it landed haha.
Carter (4 years old) has made leaps and bounds in speech. We went to his school this morning for his speech re-evaluation. His preschool teacher and speech therapist had nothing but great things to say about him. They are just as amazed as I am at how much he has improved since last year. Not just in speech, but socially as well. He still has a couple things he needs to work on so he still qualifies for free preschooling. His school offers a transition to kindergarten for summer birthday kids so we might be looking into that for next year if he's not ready for kindergarten yet. We'll see! He loves preschool. I love everything he brings home. Carter has an amazing imagination. He always has. He tells me outrageous stories everyday. Sometimes they make no sense, but they're hilarious nonetheless. A lot of the time I sit and listen to him playing pretend. When I ask what he's pretending he gets all embarrassed. The other day I heard him say as he was playing, "My name's Carter and I'm going to have a baby sister!" It made my heart swoon. For some reason he has it in his head that he's going to call her "Baby Whale." What the? Yesterday he asked me who's birthday was next and I said, "Baby June's." He got all excited and said, "My baby sister? What are we going to get her? Can I make a cake?" He makes me cry all the time. He is the sweetest kid! Carter is also super helpful especially on days that I'm hurting. He gives me kisses and gets me things I need. Carter has such a sweet, big heart. He likes to annoy his brother though. He'll do stuff just to make him mad sometimes (although that's not too hard.) Carter and I play board games all the time. I have so much fun playing Chutes and Ladders, Trouble, and Go Fish with him. He always wins too!
Jaxon (1 1/2 years old) is my little shadow. That little boy makes me so tired, but man oh man is he cute! He is by my side all day. He helps me do the laundry, dishes, take a shower...you name it. He is by my side! He also likes to play with everything he's not supposed to. Sticking objects in outlets (he can take the child proof covers off), playing with electronics, the toilet scrubber, and throwing pumpkins is my new favorite. I just know when it's quiet he's up to no good. But man is he a genius! He already speaks in sentences. It's insane what comes out of his mouth. "Mom, watch. Mom, wook at me! Mom. I'm over heeyuh!" Whenever he hears the oven beep he tells everyone, "Hum eat!" He's so loud and talks nonstop from the moment he wakes up to blessed bed time. Right now he constantly holds up his hands to me and says, "Come heeyuh" in the most pitiful tone. It's hard to resist. He loves to play outside and jump on the tramp. He loves to run around naked after "a baf." He loves when Daddy comes home from work. But most of all he loves his mama.
Now me, I'm just tired and pregnant trying to chase after two kids everyday. Most days I do well, but this week I've been especially moody. I always seem to have some weird pain going on. From pulling muscles in my stomach, to back spasms, to hemorrhoids, to varicose veins. It just never ends. I'm so grateful to be able to carry babies, but it truly is a sacrifice. I'm still teaching my one violin student. I always think about having more students since my other two moved away, but right now I think one is all I can handle since we're having another baby. I love my calling in the ward as youth choir leader. We have so many youth in our ward they get their own choir and they are so awesome. Sometimes I get nervous that it's going to come together, but somehow they always show up that Sunday and sound amazing. Those college conducting courses have paid off! I constantly seem to be putting music together for church ensembles which is really fun for me. Other than that I'm just trying to get stuff ready for little sister to join the family.
Apparently the washing machine is pretty fascinating. They beg me to watch it!
Jaxon is sadly working on getting his vampire teeth in time for Halloween
Such a looker. He loves to brush his hair and teeth after a bath.
The kids love to wrestle with dad on the bed.
This was taken a couple months ago, but it's still our nightly ritual.





3 comments:
I love the picture of naked Jaxon combing his hair! And the boys looking at the washer. Wish we could see you all more often. What a wonderful family you have--you are doing a great job at what is most important!
Hehehe. That bare bum! I want to pinch it. :) Sounds like everyone is doing well, including you... sorta. So sorry you have to put up with so many miserable pregnancy side effects! Is baby girl's name going to be June?!
I want to squeeze that little tush. It is very exhausting have two young kids and being pregnant. I know. I'm glad Carter is doing well in pre-school. They grow so fast. Are you naming baby girl, June? I like it.
Post a Comment