Monday, January 18, 2016

Just a Little Update


We might have been a little behind on the gingerbread house thing. Don brought a kit home from work that were handed out for free. Carter was rather bossy telling me where to put the candies and how he wanted the windows and everything done while he didn't want to do the work. I guess all that really mattered was that he adored it when it was all done.


My pretty leg. I've said it before, but this pregnancy has definitely been my hardest in so many ways. Oddly now that I'm almost done this is the best I've felt this whole pregnancy! My last two appointments my doctors have been concerned with her still being in a breech position. They told me a couple options I could do that I need to have decided by this Friday. Of course this has stressed me out and made me lose sleep. I have never thought about having a complication like this. After lots of contemplation Don and I have decided to go ahead and schedule a c-section and pray she turns before  her due date. I'm scared out of my mind of c-sections, but the other option didn't seem any better. I've been desperately doing all these exercises and positions from old wives tales hoping it helps. We'll find out Friday if she's still breech or not! Just four more weeks till June's here! It still doesn't seem real.
Oh, and funny little story. The other day Carter asked me if I was going to throw up June hahaha. I said, "No! She doesn't come out that way." 
Carter: Are you going to poop her out?
Me: Um...(thinking...treading lightly on the subject) no, she comes out of my private parts.
Carter: She comes out of your weiner?!
...you can guess the rest of the story. I had to explain to him girls and boys have different body parts. I thought we discussed this before, but apparently he forgot. The look on Don's face was priceless!!


At least I've had some entertainment with these kids to keep my mind of things. Carter's been playing with Don's belt lately "exercising." It cracks me up.


Jax is obsessed with dipping everything in peanut butter. Even hot dogs.


We've been dealing with a little 24 hour flu at our house. Carter came home from school last week not looking like his chipper self. He said he just wanted to lay down and watch a movie. I was a little irritated because it was so nice outside. I thought he was just being dramatic. Well not too much later he ended up puking quite a bit. In the middle of the night he tapped me on the shoulder, put his hand over his mouth and puked all over the floor. Because he covered his mouth he got puke all over his face. It was so disgusting! I told him next time to use the toilet when he's going to throw up THEN come tell me. It was hard to sleep because even after I cleaned the carpet I could still smell it. Now Jaxon has the wonderful little bug.


Their morning ritual is to wake up, watch cartoons and eat breakfast. This particular morning Jax told Carter, "I love you" and Carter wrapped his arm around him and they watched the rest of the show like this.


This is the ritual after bath time, brushing teeth in the nude.


Today I had a few friends come visit me from Mesa. I sang with these girls in college. It doesn't matter how much time passes between seeing each other, we pick up right were we left off. We went out to lunch and came back to my house. My mother in law watched Jax while he napped so we could go out. When he woke up he ended up puking at least 5 times when they were here! Any friends that will still hang out with a puking kid and help me clean it up are a treasure in my book! We had hilarious conversations. Even with a sick kid it was so nice to relax and have a good laugh.


These were the pictures Carter took before we had someone take a picture for us. He needs a little practice ;)


1 comment:

Elizabeth Fellows Wade said...

That bathroom picture of those naked little tushies brushing their teeth is too cute. I also love the one where they are watching TV. Lauren---I missed all these postings. I dont know why they dont show up on my listing of blogs I followed. Your dad mentioned about the possibility of the c-section on your blog, and i didn't see it on my page until i opened up your blog. I realized I missed all of these. I sent your cousin a message on FB, but she never responded because I wanted to send baby shower gifts to you for the shower, but I guess we just bring them with us when we see in you middle of March. Girl babies are so much fun!!! They have the cutest stuff. You can go crazy.