Carter's wish finally came true! After months of bugging us to go up the mountain to play in the snow, we finally went. It was the perfect time to go too! It lightly snowed on us the whole time we were up there. I love that we can live in the desert and drive 30 minutes to play in the snow. I had to get my fix too, ya know. I miss having four seasons, but I do appreciate that I hardly ever have to layer up to go anywhere.
We went up with Don's sister, Liz and most of her kids. Her suburban is only 2 wheel drive so we didn't make it too far up. It didn't matter because there was so much snow anyway! There was a spot that the kids jumped in the snow and it went clear to their chests. It was really funny to watch. We found the perfect spot to go sledding too right off the main road.
My boys' favorite part of the whole trip was seeing the snow plows.
Carter loved playing in the snow until he realized it was cold and hurt his fingers. I couldn't believe that he remembered we put plastic bags on his shoes last year to keep them dry. Luckily this year I borrowed some boots.
Liz and Carter about to go crash down the hill.
This was my nephew's last weekend with us before he left on his mission. It's weird to think when he gets back Jax will be Carter's age and June will be Jaxon's age.
I couldn't decide if Jax didn't like the snow or the fact that I put pink gloves on him ;) jk he hated the snow the minute I put him on it. I held him the whole time sitting in the snow watching everyone go sledding while snowflakes collected on our heads.
Dallin
Don had a good time, I promise.
We made a ramp in the middle of the hill. Everyone went flying off it. The best to watch was Don. He hit super hard.
Devon wrestling Carter
I tried to cheer Jaxon up. He wasn't having it.
When we got in the car Carter's hands started warming up and he flipped. He was sobbing looking at his hands like, "What is happening?!!!" You know that painful tingle when your hands are freezing and they start to warm up? Don and I were laughing. Our boys don't understand the cold at all. It's fun to share their first experiences with it.















1 comment:
This is how I feel about snow....I would love it for maybe an hour and if there was a cabin right there that I could run inside and have a cup of hot chocolate and sit by the fire and then go back out again. My kids have never seen snow or made a snowman or had a snowball fight.
Post a Comment