At the beginning of February we made the trek to Heber, UT for a Wade family reunion (minus Joe unfortunately). We stayed in a cabin just outside Heber. Despite minor inconveniences such as a flooded basement and an oven that didn't work we had the best time. The kids played with toys at the cabin and the adults played Rook and talked. I especially loved seeing my dad love on the babies.
We went on a train ride called the Heber Creeper. Its name fits the speed of the train. My favorite part about going places with my dad is that wherever we go he manages to meet people and find out all of the history of the place. We enjoyed some popcorn and candy with some live fiddle music on the train.
I think everyone's favorite part of the trip was the tubing. We went to a place with a conveyer belt that takes you up the hill! We went over and over and over again even past our allotted time. It was such a blast! Liz's kids had never been in the snow before so it was fun to watch them play and experience it for the first time. It just made it that much more fun.
We went on a short walk to Bridal Veil falls. Jaxon hated the cold and being bundled up in a fat snowsuit. I got a kick out of him being grouchy. After our walk Don and I headed over to visit Grandma Smith for awhile. It was so good to see her. She tried to stuff our faces as usual and she played with June. She sang the "Po po patch" song to her and Carter says, "Poo poo patch?!" She thought that was pretty funny. She also played a card game with Carter I'm sure he won't forget. He thought it was so fun. It's really special to me seeing my kids build memories with Grandma.
After seeing Grandma, back at the cabin we had a little birthday party for all the February birthdays and by the next morning we all headed our separate ways. I wish we all lived a little closer. I love spending time with family and I especially love my kids getting to visit with their grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins.
1 comment:
Cute family photo, but Mia's head is covered and Dylan needs to be in the back. He is too big to be in the front center. We have got to do something like this again. It was an amazing trip and the kids still talk about it.
Post a Comment