Making Jaxon sandwiches. These kids love to wrestle.
Don took a few days off before Thanksgiving because he had extra vacation days before the year was up. We used those days to decorate for Christmas.
Eating rocks while we put up lights.
This kid has the most Christmas spirit I've ever seen. He helps decorate everything. He constantly tries to think of places to put lights even if the whole house is covered. He is also constantly singing Christmas songs the whole month through.
Racing home from the bus stop
Carter wrote his first letter to Santa. He even writes back at the Pima post office! ;)
Jaxon loves climbing ladders. The boys thought they were helping grandpa put up lights. Don's parents house looks like the Griswalds. Every square inch is covered!
Gary was reaching over Carter to put lights on the tree and Carter says, "Um Grandpa. I'm right here!" I think he thought he was about to push him off. Gary got a kick out of him.
There's always koolaid at grandma and grandpa's house.
They're obsessed with grandma's snow globe
June got three new teeth this month. She was crabby for awhile. Time for lots of snuggles.
On our way home from running errands I saw the train was coming so I stopped and waited at the railroad crossing so Jax could watch. He was so excited and couldn't stop talking. The conductor opened his window, waved, and tooted his horn for Jaxon. I think his life is complete now!
This girl loves baths
June didn't feel like using her hands to eat corn the other night. It cracked me up.
Don's mom's back hurts quite a bit so I helped her decorate her tree. My kids were a lot of help too ;)
I went to Carter's school class party. It was a lot of fun to see who he plays with at school. His teachers really enjoy him too. Carter teased his teacher telling her she made the naughty list haha. He's friends with a girl that's a total tom boy. Each student was assigned another student in the class to give a present to. Some kid gave the poor girl the pinkest girliest doll. Her eyes started welling up with tears and Carter's teacher was able to quickly pull her aside and talk to her. Carter got three cars so I suggested he give one to her and without blinking he gave a car to her. She was so happy!
My nephews won the Christmas tournament this year. Cliff, Don's brother is the Varsity coach and his son is Trey the one in the middle and the twins are Don's sisters' boys.
We had our usual Thompson family traditions. We did the family party minus the sleigh ride this year due to weather. Don's sister, Ruth and her family came to town so it was really fun spending Christmas with them. The girls all loved on June and Jaxon got rides in grandma and grandpa's swing whenever he wanted!
The Christmas presents on Christmas Eve
We opened presents from Santa and we all went to our ward since I played the violin. Then we opened the rest of our presents at Don's parents.
Peter and Ruth
Happy Christmas face!
Jaxon wasn't interested in opening presents, but he loved playing with all the new toys.
June crawled all over everything and played with the tiny bits of wrapping paper. So easily entertained!
1 comment:
that tree is GORGEOUS, and I hate you for posting photos of June in a bathtub. It tempts me with something I can't have right now. I want to gobble her up.
Post a Comment