Monday, August 6, 2012

Random Update

Remember when I started Insanity and pooped out after a week?
Well I started again and I finished the second week! Woo! This program whips my butt, but I have told myself every morning that if I just do it I'll feel great and I'll regret it if I don't. Maybe the olympics have inspired me a little bit. Since I started the program over I've already noticed a difference since the last time I started. There's a fit test you take every two weeks and I keep improving! Don's going to start Insanity with me when he goes back to school. Believe it or not his schedule will be less hectic when he's going to school and working rather than just working. He has been working like a dog, but he sure is tan! Mmm mmm ;)
As for Carter, has been taking more steps. One of these days I know he's just going to walk into a room and take me by surprise. He practices by himself all the time. He'll try walking from chair to chair or couch to ottoman or to his toys. He especially likes to practice in the bathtub which drives me crazy because he falls down all the time. He'll be so happy when he walks and so will I!! Yesterday he took about 5 steps by himself which is the farthest he's ever done.

This kid cracks me up. This is what he does when I water the flowers. I think he thinks he's a flower too?


Carter LOVES going outside. Sometimes it's the only way I can calm him down when he's upset. 


The other day when I was in the shower I had a little visitor sitting on the drain. I love those two front teeth.

Carter waves ALL the time and blows kisses. He can also sound like a monkey and when he's done with his food he says, "ah-duh" (all done). I'm trying to work with him on that one. It's amazing how much he knows. I know he understands more than he can say or express. It's only a matter of time. He's brilliant. Carter is also the sweetest kid ever. We go visit his granny at the nursing home and without even telling him he automatically smothers her with kisses. When we went to Sophie's he smothered her little baby boy with kisses too. I don't even have to tell him to be soft or anything, he just is! My boy is a softie and that's okay with me. Sometimes when we tell him "no" he gets his feelings hurt. It's so sad! His little bottom lip slowly comes out. I've got a nasty cold right now and he has been so good just playing while I bum on the couch and watch the olympics.

1 comment:

MeganHowell said...

I need to do Insanity! I wish you lived here so you could help to motivate my sorry butt ;) Carter is the cutest, Jude wants a playdate soon.