Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Summer Vacation part #3 Mom's House

Like I said in an earlier post, Thursday August 8th my sister and her boys, Carter and I, my mom and brothers had a day at the Boise Zoo. It was a hot afternoon, but the kids enjoyed all the animals none the less! The Boise Zoo has definitely changed since I lived there! I also stole these pictures from my sister because they are much better quality!








Our favorite part was the petting zoo. The boys loved feeding the goats!

I stayed at my mom's house in Meridian for almost a week. It was blissful! We had home cooked meals, all sorts of fun toys, old classic Disney movies (now Carter has an obsession with Toy Story), Carter had his uncles to keep him entertained, a trampoline, and I even got to read a book! That doesn't happen very often. I even got to go shopping for some fat pants and see old friends. It was a wonderful, relaxing week.


I used to play in that same playhouse when I was his age!


Ryan with the chicken

Carter jumped on the tramp every day! He learned to climb on and climb off the edge (which scared me every time, but he did it all by himself!) Grandma's house is fun!


We had our first adventure at a splash pad! Carter was scared at first, but he's a water lover so it didn't take long for him to warm up to it.




I love his little body in a swimsuit! He is tan after this summer! 


Playing with the "Choo choo"


Playing swords with Ryan
 I wish Michael and Ryan were here all the time!


Toy Story


We went to a nature reserve in Boise. There's a museum and little nature trails where you can see wildlife, flowers, beaver dams, and salmon in the river. 


Carter wasn't as into the whole nature thing as much as he wanted to run! Doing what he does best! He wears me out!


Looking at fish with grandma


Grandma reading a book at the library. My mom is a classic grandma! Always making treats, reading stories, and giving lots hugs and kisses.


Another reason why my mom is awesome. She made airplane pancakes the morning we left


At the airport ready for our next adventure! I always get sad leaving my mom's house. It's the place from my crazy, moving-around childhood that I call home! Thanks for having us, Mom! We love you!















No comments: