Sunday, September 8, 2013

Labor Day Weekend

Every year we go camping on Mt. Graham Labor Day Weekend. As always we had a blast eating, lounging, and talking around the campfire. This year it was us, Don's parents, Don's brother's family, and several of my sister in law's family members. I loved having my nephews to keep Carter entertained! He had so much fun getting dirty. We had to keep a close eye on him because he'd just walk off! He loved being up there though. I almost wish we could have stayed longer! 
(Be prepared for an overload of pictures of Carter...)


My nephew, Drew, is so good with Carter! I'm glad he has his cousins to look up to


"Cheese!" That face makes my heart turn to mush


Carter with cousins Drew and Emma going for a ride in the back of the truck to go pick raspberries



That first picture cracks me up


Carter with his dad :) so cute


Cuddling with Grandma

Carter got sick the second night we were there. He was whiny all day and I thought it was because of lack of sleep. When I got him up from a nap he was burning hot. Thank goodness I brought medicine! Poor kid threw up 3 times and had a fever. He just wanted to be held. We would have gone home if it weren't for Don's parents' camping trailer. We were able to cuddle and watch a movie and they let Carter and I sleep with them in there which I'm sure was no fun for them! I tried having Carter sleep by himself, but I could hear him whimpering saying, "Ow...ow..." It broke my heart! So I slept with him and rubbed his back periodically in the night when his tummy hurt and gave him medicine every few hours until his fever broke. We slept nose to nose all night...well, whatever sleep we did have. I didn't mind though because having a sick kid is just sad! But the next day he was just fine! 


What's camping without a swing?




Setting up the canopy. Carter was so helpful putting pieces under the truck


Don rough housing our nephews


Playing catch


Carol and one of my sister in law's sisters in their matching Pima shirts 


Driving a car on my head. This happens a lot.


My brother in law, Cliff and sister in law, Cynthia



My nephews being goofy with Carter 


The men cooking breakfast. Our last morning, breakfast was insane! We had bacon, hash browns, pancakes, scrambled eggs with ham, and French toast...breakfast overload, but it was delicious!


Cynthia's sister in law rescued this dog from the pound! It is such a good and cool looking dog. It's a mix between a golden retriever and a poodle. This kid needs a dog!


My nephews jumping off a log


Family pictures! 
Cliff and Cynthia and their family



My in-laws Carol and Gary

Can't wait for our campout again next year with TWO kids!
















No comments: