We could not be more excited now that the word is out!
I have been writing things down this pregnancy because there's so many details you forget! It seems crazy to me that my body is going through this again. I had my first doctor's appointment today FINALLY! Seeing the baby just makes everything more real. Little babe was moving lots! I started to tear up. It's just what I needed today :) Baby's official due date is February 28th!
It took us awhile to get pregnant. Now I know for some people they struggle for a year or more trying to get pregnant and my mere 7 months doesn't seem like such a big deal. I can't imagine how hard that must be for those people because those 7 months seemed to drag.
I'm going to go into detail here so try not to get grossed out :) We had been trying since November. I was training for my second half marathon that was in January. I wasn't quite ready to get pregnant again, but I knew we needed to start trying. Pregnant or not I was going to run that half. Time passed...no baby. I still kept working out hard at least 6 days a week. I had lost a lot of weight and was finally where I wanted my body to be. Don suggested that maybe I was working out too much (which is possible folks!) I took it a little easier after running a 5k in March. Don was gone a lot of April because of the summer job. I tried doing an ovulation kit in May, but I never got a positive reading. I just figured I got a dud in the pack. I tried another ovulation kit and a half, the month of June and came to discover I ovulate later in the month than what's considered "normal" for my cycle. June 14th was go time! I even did a head stand on the bed afterwards which must have been a pretty sight. Desperate times call for desperate measures! But hey it seemed to work! I will always use an ovulation kit from now on.
After tears and stressing, in some ways I'm glad it took us so long. It made me really contemplate and get excited about having another baby. I started crying in any sentimental movie or commercial that had anything to do with babies (I do that all the time anyways!) It made me adore and notice every pregnant woman around me and made me want to do it again. If you would have told me 2 years ago that I would eventually want to be pregnant again I would have laughed. And Heavenly Father knew we were going to have a crazy summer. There's a reason for everything.
June 24th I realized my period was at least a day or two late. My period is hardly ever late. Ever. I knew I was pregnant. I could just feel it. I didn't want to get my hopes up, but I just knew. We decided to wait until the end of the week till we got to Indiana to take a test just to be sure. I took a test the morning of Carter's birthday and sure enough! I wanted to keep a straight face and tell Don it was negative, but I could not hold back my smile!
My main goal this pregnancy is to workout regularly and continue my healthy eating. I didn't work out AT ALL with Carter. BIG mistake. And I ate an insane amount of food and otter pops. I went through at least 15 otter pops a day. No joke! I don't care about my weight as long as I know I'm doing all that I can to ensure a healthy pregnancy.
Know what I'm most excited about this pregnancy? Is that I will be my biggest in the winter! Yay!
And if you ask me what I think we're having the answer is no clue. And I don't really care. I would love love love a girl, but the thought of Carter having a little buddy to get dirty with doesn't sound too bad either. We just want a happy, healthy baby.
Just a little belly
My friend is pregnant and does this on her blog and I love it so I'm going to do the same!
How far along: 12 weeks 5 days
Total weight gain: one whopping pound (doing way better than I did with Carter. Go me!)
Maternity clothes: not quite yet. I do wear a couple just because they're more comfortable
Stretch marks: not any new ones!
Sleep: lots and lots of it. I am always tired!
Food cravings: depends on the day. I can want something one day then the next day want to hurl at the thought of it
Anything make you sick: cleaning out the fridge! I about died yesterday full on dry heaving. Any smell even perfume can make me queasy. I have yet to vomit though.
Symptoms: queasiness, heightened sense of smell, breast tenderness (my boobs look great right now!)
Can't wait to meet you and see your sweet face, little bean!


2 comments:
Wait, what belly? You look amazing! You're already rockin' this pregnancy. Congrats! I can't wait to meet the lil bean.
Wow!! You look amazing. You know what you should do...when you take belly photos, write on a white sheet of paper how many weeks you are and hold the piece of paper up...that's what I did becuase you wont remember how far along you are...so for example..."14 1/2 weeks" written on the paper next to your belly. I'm very happy for you. Nothing more exciting than a new baby!
Post a Comment