This year we spent Thanksgiving with Don's parents and his sister and family. We wrote three things we were grateful for on paper leaves and put them on a branch to make a tree. We also made an abundance of food! Which means lots and lots of leftovers! We made 4 turkeys and a roast among all the side dishes.
This evening we all went to see "Frozen" with the kids. It was a super cute movie!
I'm so grateful for many things in my life, but most importantly I'm grateful for the people I get to spend my life with. I have the best family and friends!
On another note: I had a sonogram yesterday. My placenta is not covering my cervix so everything is looking good! It was a fun appointment for me. She showed me his face in a bunch of different angles and I got to see his little lips sucking. She said he was resting his head on the placenta like a little pillow. He's definitely still a boy too. She said his head is right on top and his feet are right on my bladder...which might explain a few things! He is weighing two pounds and growing by the minute!
This pregnancy has been different for me in many ways. I'm not as anxious as I was with Carter. I'm definitely more relaxed. I weigh a LOT less. I'm almost in my third trimester and I weigh as much as I did going into my second trimester with Carter. I know I'll probably puff up and get huge these next three months because that's just expected, but I just FEEL so much better. This pregnancy my big worry has been how am I going to love another kid as much as I love Carter, but yesterday confirmed my love for this new babe. It made me so excited! I'm ready for him to be here! My favorite thing to do lately at night is lift up my shirt and watch my stomach move. There's no doubt there's a baby in there! Motherhood and pregnancy is so amazing.
And on ANOTHER note:
Don's coaching the JV basketball team and they won their first game! They did really well. Don was nervous and it exhausted him, but he did awesome. I love watching him down on the court. I don't know what it is, but boys and basketball always get me! ;)

2 comments:
Sounds like a fabulous Thanksgiving, you Turkey roasting pro. I don't know why I was so intimidated the first time I did it? I'm just glad I don't have to cook it every year. Anyway... you're making me excited for baby boy Thompson to get here! I already bought him a gift. :) hehe Now get your rear up here so we can play!
Love multiplies! You will be surprised at how much you love this new baby, too!
Congrats on your first Turkey. We'll have to make another huge dinner for Christmas :)
Post a Comment