Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Easters

We had a fun Easter this year. Sophie and Phil were here Easter weekend so we got to hang out with them as well as hanging out with the family. We had a cookout lunch with Don's family and Sophie and Phil and their kids. We were supposed to do the egg hunt after we ate, but the weather was horrible so we waited till Sunday.
Luckily Sunday was perfect. We sent all the kids on a walk while we hid the eggs. Carter came back covered in mud so he hunted for eggs in his diaper.


Eating candy

Don's parents do a silver and gold egg. The silver is worth $10 and the gold $20. Don hides them in really difficult places. Well this year guess who found the silver egg? Carter! It was hilarious. 


He was washing off his hands/playing in the fountain and pulled out the silver egg! Not even knowing what he had found! What's funny is that I had a nephew looking in and around the fountain, saw something silver and shiny in the fountain, but never grabbed it! 


The winners Dallin and Carter

The gold egg was hidden under mud and water around a tree trough. Papa gave Carter a piggy bank and a $10 roll of quarters to put in it :) 

I am so grateful I get to spend the holidays with the people I love. And I'm especially grateful for Jesus Christ and the atonement. Through Him I can become better and live with Him someday. 


2 comments:

Jessie said...

Love that quote! And Carter is awesome. That is all. :) Glad you had a great Easter, sista.

Unknown said...

That quote brought tears to my eyes.
Way to go Carter!