Friday, September 12, 2014

Annual Labor Day Camp Out

We had a fun, relaxing Labor Day weekend. As usual we went camping on Mount Graham. Don's parents staked out a spot Friday and Don and I were supposed to head up Saturday, but Don got stuck at work and had to work late. It's okay though because sleeping with two little kids in a tent is not the easiest. 
Luckily I had packed everything so Sunday morning we just got up and left. 
Carter threw up on the way up. No surprise! He got lethargic, sick to his stomach, and got a fever just like last year. I think he gets altitude sickness, but I'm not sure. Poor kiddo. He still managed to have fun though.


Jax was in pure bliss. He had a good time and smiled all weekend. 


He just melts me.





Don and I bought a new tent so we could all fit. It's huge and can fit 10 people. We definitely have room for growth. We could probably rent that thing out! 



Every year we visit our friends the Hoopes' at their campsite. Carter had fun playing with all their toys. Later Sunday night we had a steak dinner and roasted marshmallows by the fire. Nothing better!
We slept alright. Jax did great and Carter talked in his sleep. I heard him say, "Hiiii yah!" in his sleep. He'd just lie there awake periodically in the night too. He would even look over at Don and whisper, "Wake up!" We didn't get a good night sleep, but I was expecting much worse so it wasn't so bad. 
Monday morning we made a big breakfast and took it easy and left that afternoon. Now it's back to the grind! 




Carter's face cracks me up in this picture. He looks like a gremlin :) 










1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jax is looking sooo big! I can't wait to hold him and see you all in November!