The weekend of Jax's birthday we went to Prescott, Arizona. The Pima Varsity boys played in the state playoffs. They made it to the semi-finals and lost, but they played so well. They are a fun group of boys. Cliff (Don's brother) said this was the best group of boys he has coached.
I have 3 nephews on the team too. It was a lot of fun watching their games, but it's a sigh of relief now that the season is over. Don had his first actual day off this week in 3 months!
State semi-final game
Carter has fun going to the games. He ALWAYS gets popcorn :) and for some reason I look Chinese in this picture.
Our 1 year old on his birthday!
Prescott is a cool place. It's very hilly with lots of pine trees. It's a lot higher elevation too. The population is a little smaller than Flagstaff so there's lots of shopping, but it's not too huge either. I really liked it. We spent the weekend watching games, going out to eat, shopping, and jumping on the hotel room beds.
I slept with Jax and Don slept with Carter. If you look closely at this picture both of their mouths are open.
We celebrated Jaxon's birthday on Sunday when we got back. We had the Thompson clan come over to open presents and eat cake.
How many people can we fit in our tiny living room? Haha!
Carter helped Jax open his presents and blow out the candle. He keeps asking me when his birthday is. He'll say, "Mom, is my birthday party tomorrow?" Poor kid has awhile still.
Don recorded him "eating" his cake, but I can't upload it. He dug his hands into it and cried because he didn't like the frosting on his fingers! He had a few bites, but that was it.
Here's some fun facts about Jaxon:
At one year old Jax is 21 lbs (47%tile) and 31 in. tall (88%tile)
• I'm impressed with how smart he is. He mimicks everything! He said his first word at 8 months. He can say Boo, bye, hey, yay, Deedee, mama, dada, and apple. All at a year old!! This kid talks and jabbers nonstop all day long.
• He's super happy and easy going.
• He's a people person. He likes to be around people and be entertained by them especially his older brother. Jax thinks Carter is hilarious.
• His favorite food is green beans. He eats them like French fries and scarfs them down.
• Jax loves to sing songs and clap, but his real talent is flipping people off. He rubs his face with his middle finger and it's absolutely hilarious to watch people react to it!
• When he gets tired he softly runs his fingers over his eyelashes
• He has a natural combover from his cowlick (pictured below) and it's adorable
Jaxon,
I'm so glad you joined our family. I have really enjoyed cuddling you, smelling your sweet baby breath, and kissing your fat cheeks. Everywhere we go you get compliments on how beautiful you are and how beautiful your big eyes are. I love waking up to your jabbers and your four tooth grin. You are so bright and special.
This year has been so wonderful. I never knew I could love so much. You taught me how to relax and just enjoy the ride of motherhood.
I hope you will always know how incredible and how loved you are. I love you sweet boy!
Love,
Mom










4 comments:
Ah, Happy Birthday to such a cutie!! He looks just like you. We cannot wait to finally see him in a few weeks. Your dad has major guilt about that, and you know he does not do guilt well!
Happiest of birthdays to Jax! He is so loved by so many people. I want to see him just so he can flip me off! Haha
Happy Birthday, Jax! You are such a handsome little boy! We miss you and wish we could hug you more often. You're a great mom, Lauren and doing a fabulous job raising 2 wonderful little boys!
Your letter was so sweet I could cry. I have learned so much from you as a mom. You're the best. I love that picture of everyone crowded into your living room so much. So much love for Jax, nobody cares if they have to squish.
Post a Comment