Friday, April 17, 2015

Easter 2015

Just like Christmas this year, Carter learned the meaning of Easter. We had a FHE lesson with eggs (thank you Pinterest) about Christ. We also watched a video that Carter was really into. It really surprised me because it was intense and pretty long, but he understood what was happening and all that Christ went through. He understands that Christ died because He loves us and that He lives again. Teaching my kids about Jesus is so sweet and special to me. I hope Carter grows to love the Savior as I do. 
Saturday we celebrated Easter by having our annual Thompson egg hunt. We had a big barbecue at Cliff and Cynthia's followed by the hunt. 


Coloring Eggs. Carter's favorite color is green so we made a lot of green eggs.


We had a special spot just for the little kids to find eggs. I was worried Carter wouldn't get much because he takes his time, but it turned out slow and steady won the race! He was slow and noticed a lot more eggs than the bigger kids that were too much in a hurry to see. It cracked me up.



Full bucket of eggs


Jax slept on his Papa during the hunt


The Easter Bunnies: Cynthia, me, and Liz


These are all of the 12 boy grandchildren
Dallin, Drew, Leland, Isaac, Ryker, Justin, Cedric, Carter, Jarrett, Trey, Devon, and Jax


Trey and Jax


Justin and Jarrett won the gold and silver egg. (They're also showing off their muscles.) Worth $10 and $20. They are the most difficult to find.


Liz and Ryker


Drew


Poor Don had to work Saturday, but Sunday the Easter bunny brought a couple presents and we had a nice ham dinner with Don's parents. 
I also learned that I can't handle spicy food and lots of candy anymore. I must be getting old or something ;) I ended up throwing up 5 times Saturday night. 
Happy Easter!

1 comment:

Jessie said...

Haha. That's funny about your "old" stomach! I'm sorry you threw up. No fun! Also, Carter is a stud. Love that kid. That's a lot of eggs! And candy! He and Levi share their favorite color: green.