Friday, April 17, 2015

The Weekend Dad Came to Visit

The last weekend in March, we met up with my dad and step mom in Phoenix. It was their first time meeting Jax. For being such a mama's boy I was surprised how easily he let them hold him. He must have known they were family :)
I'm glad we met in Phoenix because we got to do fun things we don't normally get to do. We met Dad and Liz Friday night at California Pizza Kitchen. We ate dinner and had desert. Grandma and Grandpa spoiled the kids with new toys and we caught up. (Liz gets all the credit for taking these awesome photos!)





Jax playing with his new ride

Saturday we went to the MCormick Stillman Train Park in Scottsdale. It was our first time going and it did not disappoint! I highly recommend going there. Especially when you have a kid that's obsessed with trains. There's a museum, a model train exhibit, a little train ride, and a carasouel. Part of the museum is in a historic rail cart four presidents used, Roosevelt, Hoover, Eisenhower, and Truman. 


The model trains 


The carasouel 


The old rail cart 



Carter in the museum


We call her "Sexy Grandma" because come on! ;)


Liz sitting in the same spot as FDR



Riding the small train




After the train park we went to Dad's hotel and relaxed the rest of the afternoon. We went swimming and watched some basketball. That night we went to Denny's for milkshakes and said our goodbyes.


Grandpa and photogenic Carter


Playing at a splash pad outside a restaurant


Our men holding our purses


Don and Dad threw Carter around at the pool. The kid is fearless. I can't wait to take him all the time this summer.





I'm so happy you guys came to visit! We need to do it more often. We love you! 

No comments: