Friday, August 21, 2015

Caught in a Rainstorm


Last evening the boys and I decided to take a walk to the stake center so the boys could ride their riding toys in the parking lot.



Playing hide and seek





I sat on the grass enjoying the sunset while the boys played. Maybe a minute into our walk home a dark cloud came out of nowhere with loud thunder. Carter's eyes got big and he says, "Run! We don't want to get hit by lightning!" I was more worried about getting slammed by rain, but there was no escaping it. The rain came hard and fast. I looked like a fool running with the radio flyer in one hand and pushing Jax in the red car with the other hand. I have never seen Carter run so fast! I was laughing so hard! As we were at the top of our road it started to hail. Luckily, a nice couple had seen us and drove Jax and I to the house. We tried to flag down Carter, but he was already way ahead of us almost home. Poor kid face planted in the mud too. It's all Carter talks about now. His "near death" experience almost getting hit by lightning haha. It was definitely an adventure!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you all are ok and didn't get struck by lightning! Beautiful scenic pictures and such cute boys--enjoy every moment. You are a great mom, Lauren!

Elizabeth Fellows Wade said...

Actually, that sounds like a fun adventure! I love the rain.