Before I get into all the Christmas fun, let's start with Star Wars. Don had called me while he was at work asking to see if I wanted to go watch it that opening night. Unfortunately, there was a line that had already started at 3 p.m. for the showing. We were disappointed and said we'd go the next week when lines died down. Several hours later Don called me just before he got off work to tell me they added on another showing. I was already in pajamas with no bra, but I was ready! We got a babysitter to come over and I hurried and slipped on a big sweatshirt and still no bra ;) We were the first in line for the showing and apparently not a whole lot of people knew about the added on showing because there was only about 15 people in the theatre. My cousin's husband showed up hoping to catch an empty seat from the earlier showing, but lucked out and got to catch the late showing with us! I had gotten really into the Star Wars movies since we watched them all before episode 7 came out. Those movies make a lot more sense now that I'm older. I've never been so giddy to watch a movie! As you can tell in the above pictures.
Now onto the Christmas festivities. I hurt a lot the month of December getting pleurisy and all. I was hoping to get out of baking cookies, but Carter remembered and kept bugging me until we made some. I made a small batch and the kids were so into it. They loved cutting out all the shapes and sprinkling the cookies. We also made lots of little crafts. The funniest was when we made "snow." Poor Carter still asks me when it's going to snow. I try and try to tell him it doesn't snow where we live so I thought making snow would be fun for him. I also thought by putting the "snow" in cake pans it would be contained. I should have known better. My kitchen became a winter wonderland within minutes. I couldn't help but just laugh. Carter and Jax had so much fun.
Playing so nicely making snowmen.
Jaxon. No. Keep it in the pan.
Woohoo! It's snowing!
It was all Carter's idea to make a snow angel. I was laughing so hard.
Don showing Carter the lights when we were all done. Carter was OBSESSED with Christmas lights this year. If it were up to him our entire house, front yard and backyard would be covered in lights. Every time we drove anywhere he pointed out all the lights. It was so exciting and fun!

The Monday before Christmas we had the Thompson family Christmas party. We went on our trailer ride, ate pizza, and acted out the nativity. Carter was a wise man this year. He was so reverent and sweet. I played my violin after the nativity and Carter sat there by baby Jesus and rocked him, hugged him, and kissed him. My heart was so full.
The month of December before bed we read a nativity scripture, sang a Christmas song, and read a Christmas story. It was my favorite part of the whole month. I want my kids to understand why we celebrate Christmas. Carter understood a lot more this year.

Christmas Eve we at a mexican dinner at Don's parents' house and watched the Living Scriptures cartoon video of the nativity. Then we went to our house, opened our Christmas pajamas and put our stockings out. The kids were crazy that night! Santa had a lot to do that night. I was losing my temper and Don reminded me to be nice haha. Luckily, I finally got them in bed by at least 10.
Christmas morning before anyone was awake.
I woke up at 7 am waiting for everyone to wake up. I was so excited! (See those stockings on the couch? I made them. They are quilted and lined. I'm very proud. I made everyone's stockings even June's. Except I didn't do mine. I got too tired. Next year.)

Jaxon opened all his presents tearing tiny pieces of wrapping paper off at a time.
Carter face was priceless with every present he opened. His eyes were popping out of his head.
Don now has a matching Cardinals hat with Carter

He still loves ninja turtles.
Don's parents are always fun to have over Christmas morning.
We waited until the end to open this one. That was Carter's face the whole morning. Thomas the train was all he asked Santa for. This track can make 5 different tracks. You better believe we do a new track everyday.
The best present was the very last. We started to build a play set for the boys. We'll add on as we go. For right now the boys love playing in their fort.
I let the boys stay in their jammies all day. We had a big breakfast with all the Thompson family and played with toys all day followed by a ham dinner that night. It was a perfect Christmas. I was sad when Christmas was over. It really has been magical.
Riding their Christmas toys. These kids should be entertained for quite some time now!




















2 comments:
Okay, where do I start?! We are sooo sisters and we are so in the same stage of life. We do so much the same! Binge watch Star Wars and get emotionally involved? Check. Excited and up before our kids on Christmas morning? Check. Silly crafts? Check. And you are waaay more patient that I am. I bought material and a pattern to make quilted stockings too! But I'm hiring my neighbor to make them for me this year. Hahaha. With my photography business, I'll never get to it. I LOVE the play fort! Nice job, Don! It looks really well done. What else will you add to it as time goes on? I'm curious! If you can, our tire swing has been the biggest hit with the entire neighborhood. Merry Christmas Thompsons!!!
Kids really make Christmas. I wish we could all spend a Christmas together. I really liked the idea of doing Thanksgiving and having Christmas as a Wade family the next day, but since we can't do it this year, perhaps in two or three years? I would love to share Christmas with you guys and the kids. The playset is amazing!
Post a Comment