Friday, June 3, 2016

3 Months

I've been neglecting the blog lately because three kids has made me a lot busier and a heck of a lot more tired. The last 3 months have flown by. "The days are long and the years are short." There isn't a more true phrase. My days consist of listening to a four year old talk non-stop, changing two sets of diapers, making meals, getting after the toddler (or TERDler I should say) and nursing. The house is a constant mess just ask Don. The dishes get done only once a day if I'm lucky and don't even get me started on the laundry and toys everywhere. Things are slowly starting to get easier though. Or maybe I'm just getting used to the chaos. One minute I'm laughing with the kids the next minute I want to break down and cry. There are definitely big highs and very lows everyday, but I'm doing the best I can and we're surviving!


A few weeks ago we went to the Phoenix area to watch my nephews play in the baseball state championships. We got to stay in a hotel, eat out, swim, and watch lots of baseball. It was a blast! Pima won! Carter gets so excited when we get to stay in a hotel. It was worth the trip just for that. And yes, that's how big the "pool" was.


June had fun watching baseball too


Many mornings our kids wake up and crawl into bed with us. They're a hoot. Carter loves seeing June first thing in the morning and loving on her. He plays peekaboo and puts the covers on her to keep her warm. He has so much love for his little sister. She has changed our family dynamic so much. To think a year ago I was crying and freaking out when I found out I was pregnant. I had no idea how much she would enrich our lives.


Playing dress up is the best thing ever. 
I had a good 27th birthday. I was able to do some shopping while we were in Phoenix. We planted flowers in the flower bed and went on a date. Don's mom made me an Italian cream cake. Best. Cake. Ever. And I'm not a cake person!


Mornings with the June bug. She is so smiley and fat.


Jaxon has discovered laying down and putting his ears under water in the tub. He floats like this at the pool too.


She's delicious




Don blessed June last Sunday the 22nd. Unfortunately, these were the only pictures I was able to take. It was a fun busy day with my calling and feeding the family. I love this family heirloom dress. She made everyone teary eyed in the circle. She sat contently looking up at everyone with her big eyes.


Last Wednesday, Carter graduated preschool! I feel so blessed to have been able to witness his growth. He went from barely saying a word to talking non-stop. Seriously, he does not stop talking. We've been spoiled by his awesome preschool program and speech therapist.



When the kids were walking one by one up to the stage Carter was of course the only one not paying attention and was about to go the wrong way. He is such a goober. Those dimples get him out of a lot of trouble.


Singing the goodbye song


He kept his cap on almost the entire day. It was also Don's 33rd birthday Wednesday so we went out to eat afterward Carter's graduation. Later that evening we went on a ranger ride by the river with the boys and had cake and ice cream.


I couldn't find my candles, but I found a 1 candle because Don's number one you know ;) Jaxon knew the happy birthday song. It was cute to hear the boys serenade their dad.


Carter's new obsession. He is always building things whether its Lincoln logs, train tracks, or legos. He asks me to take a picture of his new creations everyday.


We've decided that these two are twins. They look a ton alike. June is 2 months in this picture.


I'm obsessed with her and her lashes.

Now that school is out Carter is taking swimming lessons and t-ball. He is doing so much better swimming this year. Jaxon swims in the baby pool while June takes a nap at lessons. Carter had his first t-ball practice this week which was hilarious to watch. There's nothing cuter than a little boy in baseball pants and a cap.
Funny Carter story:
A few days before my birthday I tell Carter my birthday was coming up. I asked, "Are you going to get me a present?" I could tell he instantly got jealous (that summer birthday seems so far away!) and said, "No!" I told him if I didn't get him a present on his birthday he would be sad. I also told told him birthdays are when you celebrate the day you were born and you celebrate your life. If you know Carter you know he got all dramatic and went way overboard. He said, "I'm going to die forever. I won't have a birthday. No one will have birthdays anymore!" Then I said, "But baby June hasn't had a birthday yet. She would be so sad if she never had a birthday!" Carter's eyes immediately filled up with tears. He changed his mind once he thought of his sister. He has a sensitive spot for her and only her apparently ;)
I don't think I talk about Jaxon enough. He is my little loud fireball constantly getting into trouble. He's my cuddler too so it makes up for all the naughty. He has the most hilarious laugh and good sense of humor to go with it. I wish I could video him all day everyday cause he is just so darn funny. He talks very well and loves to sing songs with me. His favorite song right now is the milk song. "Gimme that milk moo moo moo moo."
June is such a sweetheart. Have I mentioned how much I love having a girl?!! I love dressing her up and cuddling of course. She weighs 15 lbs and is 24 inches tall. She's in the 95th percentile for weight and 75th percentile for height. When I tell people how old she is they're surprised because she looks a lot older than she is. Big girl! She is starting to figure out her hands and has noticed her toes. She finds them very fascinating, but hasn't figured out how to grab them yet. I stick her toes in her mouth and she giggles every time. She has the brightest eyes and sweetest smile. She's a good fast eater. Her sleep comes in waves. Sometimes she sleeps awesome. Sometimes not. Don and I took her to cosmic bowling with us last weekend. When the disco lights turned on her bottom lip came out. She looked so scared and pitiful. We were cracking up. We love our little bug. June melts the hearts of all who meet her.


1 comment:

Jessie said...

Seriously, that picture of June sleeping makes me want to scoop her up and squeeze her! So so darling. Your kids are cute and hilarious. I have to take lots of pictures of Jed's Lego creations too. :) Glad you're surviving three super little ones. You're in the thick of this motherhood stuff. I can only imagine how hard and yet how joyful it is.