Carter man turned the big 5 June 29th. I can't believe I have a 5 year old. He gets more and more fun. I love this goofy, sweet kid.
5 things about Carter are:
1. He is the most bubbly happy kid I know. Everything is always so exciting! He also has a goofy sense of humor.
2. He is very tender hearted. He's our sensitive one. He likes to cheer everyone up when they're sad and gets his feelings hurt easy.
3. He was in speech therapy for 2 years. He was a super quiet, content baby in no rush to talk. Now he doesn't stop!
4. Carter has a BIG imagination. He is always telling us tall tale stories. There's usually a robot that goes into play in every story he tells.
5. He's into building things like train tracks, legos, blocks, lincoln logs, etc. He loves super heroes. Coloring is his latest obsession. He constantly sings and dances. He also loves anything to do with playing in water whether it's the pool, the sprinkler, or even a bath. He has ALWAYS loved the water even since he was a tiny baby.
Why must they grow up so fast?!
This is the face Carter makes when you tell him to "look at me and smile!" Every time haha!
I put streamers on his door so it would be a fun surprise when he woke up.
We had his party at the splash pad which unfortunately ended with his poor cousin, Ryker breaking his arm from falling off the monkey bars.
These pictures crack me up. He was so excited about his 5 cake. I always tell him to stop growing because I want him to stay little and he says, "But I want to grow up to be a daddy!"
Summer tan lines.
Some recent Carter stories:
1. Carter told me when he grows up to be a dad he is gets to sleep in our bed with us. I told him by that time he'll be in his own house in his own bed. Tears immediately filled up in his eyes. Too much information for him to take in. Oops! Don got so mad at me haha. We gave him lots of love telling him it won't be for a long time. I like that right now we're his security and he loves us so much he wants to live with us forever.
2. I cut June's finger cutting her fingernails and it got infected. I had a nurse friend come over to look at it who's a gorgeous polynesian. Carter sat next to her on the couch, stared at her, reached up and touched her face and hair. We were laughing so hard. I asked him later why he did that and he said, "I don't know. I just wanted to!" He's never seen a beautiful dark haired beauty before!
3. One day I got sick of everyone calling me "Mom mom mom mom" so we got Carter to call me "Princess."
Carter: (yelling from across the room) Mom!
Me: That's not my name.
Carter: (sweet tone of voice) I mean, Princess. Can I have....
By the end of the day he got it down. It was the best day ever! I really should change my name to Princess from now on. Or queen??
4. Carter is so in love with his Baby June. Their relationship is so incredibly sweet it just melts me. Her eyes light up when she sees him. The other morning Carter was talking to her and said, "I will protect you forever. From bad guys or anything."
Cheers to 5 years, son! I hope you always know how much we love you.
1 comment:
Happy Birthday Carter!!! He is such a good kid. And I can totally relate to him through my boys. Genius idea for the streamers on the door. I have so much of that paper and no real place to use it unless I get out a ladder. So I'm totally doing that next year. And the Princess story... love it!
Post a Comment